Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Bookish.ae! We are a subscription service that provides our members with access to the print books, including the latest adult, teen & young adult, and children’s bestsellers. We deliver books to your door with no due dates, no late fees, and free delivery.
The Bookish.ae service is provided to you by Bookish DMCC, a company registered and licensed as a free zone company under the Rules & Regulations of DMCCA. These Terms & Conditions govern your use of our service. As used in these Terms & Conditions, "Bookish.ae service", "our service" or "the service" means the service provided by Bookish.ae for discovering and reading books, including all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with our service. The United Arab Emirates is our country of domicile. The governing law is the local law of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
1. Monthly Plan Membership. Your Bookish.ae MONTHLY membership will continue month-to-month until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your monthly renewal date, you authorize us to charge your next month's membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below). MONTHLY memberships renew on the same date of the month that you joined. For example, if you joined on April 29th, your membership will renew on May 29th.
2. 6 Month Plan Membership. Your Bookish.ae 6 MONTH membership will continue for 6 months until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your 6 MONTH renewal date, you authorize us to charge your next membership fee to your Payment Method (see "Cancellation" below). Your FREE MONTHS will be utilized before your 6 MONTH membership is renewed.
3. Book deposit. We ask that all new Bookish.ae members pay an AED 100 refundable book deposit because we need to ensure that we are compensated for the books in case you damage, lose, or do not return the books. You only have to pay this deposit once. Your deposit will be automatically applied when you renew your membership. Your deposit is refundable as long as the books are returned to us in good condition. If you damage, lose, or do not return the books, we will deduct the REPLACEMENT value of the book from your AED 100 deposit. The replacement value is the amount it would cost us to buy the book NEW, not the secondhand (used) bookstore price. If you choose to cancel or not to renew your membership, we will refund your AED 100 in cash when we pick up your last book delivery.
4. Payment Methods. You can pay your Bookish.ae by cash on delivery, check on delivery, debit card (Visa or Mastercard), credit card (Visa or Mastercard), and Paypal. As of March 9, 2017, monthly members must pay by debit or credit card. Cash on delivery is available only for 6 month memberships. To pay by Paypal, when prompted to select your payment method, select Paypal. you will directed to the Bookish.ae Paypal site to checkout. You will have to register for a Paypal account to checkout but this only takes 30 seconds. You should be redirected back to Bookish.ae after you checkout with Paypal so that you can choose books to add to your Rental Queue. United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED) is the only currency accepted for payment.
5. Membership Plan Changes. You can upgrade or downgrade your Bookish.ae membership. Send Bookish.ae an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can change your membership manually in our system. Once your membership has been changed, we'll send you an email that details the new plan and whether you owe an additional amount or can expect a refund for the new plan.
6. Cancellation. If you choose to cancel or not to renew your membership, send us an email BEFORE your membership is set to expire. Otherwise, the system will automatically renew and charge you if you paid by Paypal, debit, or credit card (see "Refunds" below). For members of 6 MONTH plans, we will prorate the unused full months from your membership fee. MONTHLY memberships are not prorated. We will reply to your email to confirm your cancellation, then call or email you to schedule a date and time to retrieve the books you borrowed. We will refund your AED 100 in cash when we pick up your last book delivery.
7. Refunds. If you think we have charged your account in error, email us immediately so we can check our records and refund your payment. Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment. If your Paypal account has been charged in error, we will refund your Paypal account for no fee. If you paid by debit or credit card, any refunds will be onto the original mode of payment. You will be told if any fees will be deducted from your deposit before we provide the refund. Refunds will be processed within 5 business days of the refund request and should be refunded to your original mode of payment in 7 to 10 business days. We will refund your AED 100 in cash when we pick up your last book delivery.
8. Cash or Check on Delivery Members. As of March 9, 2017, monthly members must pay by debit or credit card. Cash on delivery is available only for 6 month memberships.
9. Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
11. Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
12. Confidentiality. As a Bookish.ae member, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account. However, we will not sell your personal information or email address to a third party.
13. OFAC and Sanctioned Countries. Bookish DMCC does not trade or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
14. Minors Under the Age of 18. Minors who are under the age of 18 shall not register as users of Bookish.ae and shall not transact on nor use the website. Little book lovers memberships should be purchased in the name of the parent.
15. Transaction Records. If you pay by debit or credit card, you as the cardholder must retain a copy of transactions and Bookish.ae policies and rules.
Last Updated: 9 March 2017